- 40g minced pork
- 30g crab meat
- 40g minced praws
- 15g dried ear mushrooms
- 35-40g taro (replace by sweet potato or turnip)
- ½ teaspoon of chicken powder
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- ½ – 1 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon chooped spring onion
- 1 teaspoon of chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon egg yolk
- 3-4 pieces of rice paper or net rice paper (the rice paper should be covered by fresh banana leaves or cabbage 1 day before)
- 1 cup of coconut juice or beer or mixture of fresh water and a little of sugar.Beer is the best one
- Dried ear mushroom: soak in fresh water about 30 minutes. Drain. Discard the stems and cut in julienne.
- Taro: peel off the skin and cut in julienne
- Stuffing: In a bowl, place pork, crab, prawn, taro and mushroom. Then add shallot, spring onion, sugar, chicken powder, black pepper and egg yolk. And then mix and mash them until they are well combined and become a smooth paste.
- Spread a little coconut juice on the surface of the rice paper evenly (not too much). Fold the edge of the rice paper about 2 inches towards the center. Then place 1 part of stuffing on the space folded. Start folding the left and right side of the rice paper into the center. Then roll up tightly from the bottom edge away to the far end.
- Deep-frying the spring rolls in a pan over low heat untill lightly browned.
- To be served with lettuce, fragrant leaves, fresh rice noodle and dipping fish sauce. (See preparation of dipping fish sauce on next page).
DIPPING FISH SAUCE
- 1 ½ to 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- ½ -1 teaspoon of chopped garlic
- ½ -1 teaspoon of chopped chili
- In a bowl, add lemon juice, sugar. Whisk until the sugar is dissolved.
- Then add fish sauce and stir more until the sugar is dissolved completely.
- And then add chopped chilies and chopped garlic. Stirring again and then taste it.
* NOTE: The dipping sauce can use for salads, fresh and fried spring rolls, boiled shrimps, pork and all kinds of vegetables…