- 100g boneless pork legs, sliced
- 1 teaspoon of chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon of chopped spring onion
- ½ – 1 teaspoon of chopped chilli or 1 baby chilli
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon of chicken powder
- 3 teaspoons of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of ground pepper
- 1/2 cup of fresh water (50ml)
- 2 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon of chopped spring onion (green part only) for garnish
- 1 teaspoon of caramel syrup
Caramel syrup: heat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil and 1 teaspoon of sugar in a pan. Stir until golden brown. Remove from the heat.
Marinade: in a pan, marinate sliced pork with 1 tablespoon fish sauce, 1 teaspoon of sugar, chicken powder, pepper, 1 teaspoon of spring onion and 1 teaspoon of shallot and chilli.
- To add the caramel syrup into the marinade and bring to simmer. Stir occasionally until the sauce is dried up.
- Then pour fresh water into the pot and add 1 teaspoon of sugar more for thickening. Leave it to simmer until the sauce is reduced by half or thickens and the meat is cooked.
- Garnish with a little ground pepper and chopped spring onions (green part) on the top.
- To be served with the fresh or boiled vegetables and steamed rice.
- Coconut juice can be added instead of water
- Chicken powder = chicken stock in powder or chicken based seasoning powder (Knorr or Maggi type)