- 100g – 150g banana flower
- Chicken meat
- ¼ onion (slice)
- 10g rau ram (replaced by sweet basil) and green mint
- A big chilli (sliced)
- 1-2 teaspoons of fried sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of fried shallot
- 1 ea chilli flower
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice à Mix all of them until sugar is dissolved completely
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
- A pinch of pepper
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Chicken meat: Boil over medium heat about 8 minutes. Thinly slice it.
- Marinate boiled chicken meat with 1 tablespoon of marinated sauce and 1 tablespoon of dipping fish sauce. Let it stand about 1 – 3 minutes.
- Marinate banana flower, fried shallot, white onion, rau ram or mint, chillies and ½ teaspoon of sesami oil with the rest of marinated sauce. Then add marinated chicken meat and 1 tablespoon of dipping fish sauce. Toss them together until well combined. Let it stand about 1 – 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate, sprinkle sesami seeds for garnish. Then put a chilli flower on the top of the salad. To be served with “nuoc mam cham” dipping fish sauce and shrimpcake.
DIPPING FISH SAUCE
Nước mắm chấm
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- ½ -1 teaspoon of chopped garlic
- ½ -1 teaspoon of chopped chili
- In a bowl, add lemon juice, sugar. Whisk until the sugar is dissolved.
- Then add fish sauce and stir more until the sugar is dissolved completely.
- And then add chopped chilies and chopped garlic. Stirring again and then taste it.
* NOTE: The dipping sauce can use for salads, fresh and fried spring rolls, boiled shrimps, pork and all kinds of vegetables…